Do you enjoy working with People AND Plants? Do you consider yourself creative in design, with a natural knack for floral creations?
English Gardens is a great place to work! Come join a Fun retail team atmosphere, that allows your creativity to flow in a energetic work environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to create floral designs in a timely, profitable, professional and creative fashion to meet the needs of the customers while utilizing the OMNI system for Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete daily orders for delivery and will calls.
- Produce fresh and permanent arrangements for retail sales.
- Take and create special orders (i.e. parties, weddings, and funerals).
- Cost out properly, material usage and proper retail assignment utilizing the Production Module in OMNI.
- Know flower names, color, varieties and availability.
- Know and understand proper care and handling of product.
- Maintain a safe and orderly individual desk site and surrounding areas.
- Recommend and inform management of repairs, improvements and maintenance of floral area.
- Inform management of out of stock items.
- Answer phones, takes orders and answer questions from customers and other staff in the store.
- Completion of daily paperwork.
- Proper uniform at all times unless otherwise informed.
- Maintenance of stock items.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of cooler.
- Attend periodic trade shows, seminars, design contests, decorating jobs, etc. as asked by manager.
- Maintain waste sheets.
- Proper usage of all equipment.
- Assist in creating and developing arrangements for holiday and monthly specials.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Use proper procedures to reduce waste and shrink.
- Proper packaging of all outgoing orders.
- Ensure proper supply on hand of boxes and shipping materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge necessary to perform the job:
Must have floral design experience, education, and/or certification.
Required: High School Diploma or GED and Floral Design education and/or certification
Desirable: College degree and Floral Design education and/or certification.
Required: A minimum of two years of floral sales design experience in related position.
Desirable: 5 + years of floral sales design experience in a retail environment.
Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, if necessary. This position is located in one of the retail stores.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use the necessary tools to effectively perform this job such as a floral knife.
- Must be able to see small print. Must be able to hear voices in interpersonal conversation and telephone conversation.
6370 Orchard Lake Rd., West Bloomfield, MI