Do you enjoy working with People AND Plants? Do you consider yourself creative in design, with a natural knack for floral creations?
English Gardens is a great place to work! Come join a Fun retail team atmosphere, that allows your creativity to flow in a energetic work environment.
Job Title: Floral Designer Part/Full time
The primary responsibility of this position is to create floral designs in a timely, profitable, professional and creative fashion to meet the needs of the customers while utilizing the OMNI system for Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The essential duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete daily orders for delivery and will calls.
- Produce fresh and permanent arrangements for retail sales.
- Take and create special orders (i.e. parties, weddings, and funerals).
- Cost out properly, material usage and proper retail assignment utilizing the Production Module in OMNI.
- Know flower names, color, varieties and availability.
- Know and understand proper care and handling of product.
- Maintain a safe and orderly individual desk site and surrounding areas.
- Recommend and inform management of repairs, improvements and maintenance of floral area.
- Inform management of out of stock items.
- Answer phones, takes orders and answer questions from customers and other staff in the store.
- Completion of daily paperwork.
- Proper uniform at all times unless otherwise informed.
- Maintenance of stock items.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of cooler.
- Attend periodic trade shows, seminars, design contests, decorating jobs, etc. as asked by manager.
- Maintain waste sheets.
- Proper usage of all equipment.
- Assist in creating and developing arrangements for holiday and monthly specials.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Use proper procedures to reduce waste and shrink.
- Proper packaging of all outgoing orders.
- Ensure proper supply on hand of boxes and shipping materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge necessary to perform the job:
Must have floral design experience, education, and/or certification.
Required: High School Diploma or GED and Floral Design education and/or certification
Desirable: College degree and Floral Design education and/or certification.
Required: A minimum of two years of floral sales design experience in related position.
Desirable: 5 + years of floral sales design experience in a retail environment.
Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, if necessary. This position is located in one of the retail stores.
Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds. Must be able to use the necessary tools to effectively perform this job such as a floral knife.
What we Offer:
- Fun working environment
- Flexible retail schedule- store hours 9am-7pm
- Generous employee discount, up to 50% off
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.