Who says that red, white & green are the only Holiday colors? What about non-traditional colors like purple, blue, and even pink?
English Gardens is excited to introduce a new breed of poinsettias that will add an amazing splash of color to any décor! Never before have there been poinsettia colors so bright that you will want to display this plant all winter long!
English Gardens will be carrying three new amazing colors of the Princettia poinsettia: Hot Pink, Dark Pink & Max White.
The Princettia poinsettia is slightly different than a traditional poinsettia. The bracts (the colored leaf of the plant) are smaller and thinner, and the plant is a little shorter and more compact than a traditional poinsettia. If you love plants, this is a must-have flowering plant for the season.
A well cared for poinsettia can last months and months!
Princettia Care Information:
- A Princettia grows best when it receives about six hours of indirect sunlight each day.
- Keep soil slightly moist but do not allow plant to dry out. Prune after flowering to maintain shape and promote new flowers.
- Keep from frost and drafts.
Fun Facts About Poinsettias
- Poinsettias are the most popular holiday plant.
- Poinsettias are native to southern Mexico and Central America.
- Poinsettias also bloom in cream, lemon, peach, pink colors and with white and gold-splashed leaves.
- Poinsettia’s botanical name, Euphorbia pulcherrima, means “the most beautiful Euphorbia.”
- Poinsettia was named after the former US ambassador to Mexico, Dr. Joel R. Poinsett who introduced the Poinsettia to the United States.
- Recent research has proved that Poinsettias are not poisonous.
- Poinsettias, at times, reach a height of sixteen feet.
- Poinsettias are also known by other names such as ‘Christmas flower’, ‘lobster flower’, and ‘Mexican flame leaf’.
Princettia poinsettias are available this holiday season in limited supplies.