- The front door is the focal point.
- Use decorations to guide visitors to your front door.
- Consider daylight as well as evening.
- Timers: Easy! Adjust so lights are on when you come home from work.
- Battery-operated light sets.
Evergreen Porch Pots
Use fresh evergreens boughs and colorful branches to create a seasonal gardens that will last for months. Placed by an entry or on a patio or balcony they will add a festive feel to any location.
Step 1: If you are using an existing container from the summer months simply remove the spent flowers and place the branches and boughs into the existing soil. Otherwise, fill the pot with Styrofoam or potting soil.
- Use evergreen branches to establish the foundation of the planter.
- Add fragrance with Douglas Fir, Balsam and White Pine.
- Add other varieties, such as Juniper & Cedar, for contrasting colors and textures.
- Add colorful branches and berries to add vertical interest, bright colors and a strong focal point.
- Consider Red twig dogwood, winterberry and curly willow.
- Add contrast and interest with exotic branches, such as coco curly, fantail willow, jay branches or holly.
Step 4: Add a festive bow.
Watch our video: How to: Make an Evergreen Container Garden