Looking to expand your plant family? Here are some great low-maintenance options for any level of plant parent.
The Jade Plant, or Money Plant, is a branched, succulent shrub with thick, woody stems and glossy-green, oblong leave. Trendy in the 70’s, the plant was considered by many to be good luck and made the perfect housewarming gift to cultivate good fortune and cheer. The Jade Plant is low-maintenance and very forgiving and will enhance any indoor space.
- Allow soil to dry moderately before watering again. Keep soil dry in fall and winter. Do not let plant sit in water.
- Prefers medium direct light.
- Fertilize monthly during growing season with balanced, water-soluble formula.
- Not ideal for pets.
The Spider Plant is known for its spider-like leaves, or spiderettes, which dangle down from the mother plant like spiders on a web. These spiderettes often start out as small white flowers! The Spider Plant adapts quickly to a variety of environments and is the perfect house plant for the beginner or the old pro.
- Allow soil to dry out between watering.
- Will thrive in nearly any environment.
- Fertilize every 2 weeks during growing season with balanced, water-soluble formula.
- Cleans the air by removing toxins.
The Pothos is one of the most versatile and easy-to-care-for house plants. The Golden variety is distinguished by its yellow, marbled, heart-shaped leaves. The Pothos will enjoy hanging in a planter or growing in a standard pot as it shows off its luscious, cascading vines.
- Keep soil evenly moist.
- Fertilize 2 to 3 times a year with a balanced, water-soluble formula.
- Great at cleaning the air.
- Not pet-friendly.
English Gardens carries a beautiful variety of unique house plants and containers. Stop into any store to add a new member to your plant family. Selection does vary by store.