Did you know…
- There are over 200,000 species of pollinators. At least 1,500 of which are birds and mammals.
- Honey Bees need to visit five million flowers to make one pint of honey.
- Honey Bees eat pollen to get protein and nectar to get carbohydrates.
- Milkweed is the only plant female Monarchs will lay eggs on and it is the only plant caterpillars will eat.
- A female Monarch will lay between 300 and 500 eggs in their lifetime.
- Hummingbirds migrate alone, traveling up to 500 miles at a time.
- Hummingbirds only use their tiny legs for perching. They are too little to walk or hop on.