English Gardens has excellent career opportunities available for individuals who display a high energy level, self-motivation and a desire to succeed. We are seeking experienced and dynamic store managers for our retail operations. If you have retail Garden Center or Nursery experience, we would love to talk to you!
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide customer service and sales assistance in the selection/usage/care of all English Gardens products/merchandise while learning the essential functions of the Department Sales Manager position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Offer suggestions on plant selection, care and maintenance to all customers.
3. Ensure the sales area is clean and attractive with only quality merchandise on display, with proper tags and signage.
4. Receive merchandise, price merchandise, and neatly display items within the department.
5. Complete all paperwork required in a precise and timely manner.
6. Unload merchandise from trucks as required.
7. Assist in inventory as directed.
8. Follow the monthly planner for product displays and merchandising.
9. Act in accordance with the Company code of Conduct at all times.
10. Assist with other special duties and projects as directed by the Department Manager or General Manager.
11. Participate in ongoing education, including seminars, on-site and off-site training, and Management Success Training Program.
• Previous retail experience; Nursery or Garden Center experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Organized, detail oriented
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to multi-task and handle overlapping priorities on a daily basis
• Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hours per day
• Must pass a criminal background check
Flexible retail schedule (store hours 9am-6pm)
22650 Ford Road, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127