Garden Fresh Recipes
Ingredientsfrom Weber’s Art of the Grill™
by Jamie Purviance
- 2 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 New York strip steaks, each about 12 ounces and 1 inch thick s
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in a spice mill.
- Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season them evenly with the coffee- pepper mixture.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed as