Do you have a passion for plants but want to learn more? Why not join our team and work alongside English Gardens experts that can help boost your knowledge and cultivate your passion for the green industry?
Nursery Sales Associate
We are looking for PASSIONATE, FRIENDLY Sales Associates who love people and plants to join our team! The ideal candidate for the Nursery enjoys working outdoors and is not afraid to get their hands dirty! Knowledge of perennials and trees is a huge plus!
English Gardens Associates…
- Find it easy to smile and work hard.
- Possess enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excel at Customer Service.
- Are willing to learn new things and improve themselves in service and product knowledge.
- Enjoy a generous employee discount and fun work environment.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Our Seasonal Associates play a very important role in the success of our stores. All Associates interact with customers and are responsible for meeting sales goals and exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Selling outdoor plant material to customers (e.g., trees, shrubs, and perennials)
- Properly maintain and merchandise plants
- Prior Sales experience required; Nursery experience a plus
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and ads.
- Provide excellent customer service with courteous assistance.
- Responsible for increasing sales through suggestive selling and tie-in sales for products/merchandise and Garden Club.
- Offer suggestions of product care and maintenance to all customers.
- Must be customer-oriented, friendly, and outgoing.
- Ensure that the sales area is clean and attractive with only quality merchandise on display.
- Receive merchandise, price merchandise, and neatly display items within the department.
- Complete all paperwork required in a precise and timely manner.
- Unload merchandise from trucks as required.
- Assist in inventory as directed.
- Ensure that the merchandise has the proper tags and signage.
- Assist with other special duties and projects as directed by the Department Manager.
What We Offer…
- Flexible retail hours, stores open 9am-7pm
- Fun work environment
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous associate discount, up to 50% off
Must be able to…
- Stand and walk up to 8 hours per day.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Adjust to seasonal temperatures.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
4901 Coolidge Highway, Royal Oak, MI 48073
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.